At Always Here Home Care our caregivers offer a wide array of services to meet your loved-ones specific needs.
Personal Care Services Addressed in the Care Plan:
- Ambulation/Mobility/Transfer Assistance: Many of our clients need assistance getting in and out of bed or from the seated position. Our caregivers are able to work with clients who use canes, walkers, wheelchairs, or simply those needing “stand-by” assistance.
- Oral Hygiene: Oral hygiene is extremely important for overall health. A schedule will be created to ensure all hygiene needs are being met.
- Meal Preparations: Any dietary restrictions or nutrition requirements will be addressed to meet your loved ones needs.
- Personal Grooming/Bathing/Dressing: Personal grooming, bathing, and dressing are all addressed in the care plan.
- Medication Reminders: Many of our clients request us to provide medication reminders, and to keep records of when a client takes their medication.
- Transportation: Caregivers are licensed to drive client’s vehicles to take them to and from appointments and outings.
- Light Housekeeping: We maintain a schedule of housekeeping duties required to be completed each shift. The focus is maintain care and main living areas of the client’s home.
- Toileting and Incontinence Care: We want to make sure this basic human need is addressed. Our caregivers are capable of assisting in whatever way the client requires.
- Activities and Exercises: We develop or follow a plan already in place for both physical and mental activities that are enjoyable and beneficial to the client.
- Durable Medical Equipment: We assess any medical equipment in the home to ensure our caregivers are properly trained to use it. This could include hospital beds, wheelchairs, transfer boards, and hoyer lifts.
- Emergency and Medical Contacts: We identify all emergency contacts and course of action in the event of emergencies are thoroughly documented and posted.
- Medical Conditions: This will address a wide range of areas that can affect the client. This could include Alzheimer’s/Dementia behaviors, general temperament, medication side-effects, etc. A plan for handling specific behaviors, as well as identifying caregivers skilled in handling special situations is addressed in this area.
- Pets: We will need to know what pets are in the home as well as assistance needed in caring for them.
- Hospice Care: Our Caregivers are trained to follow through on Hospice Nurse orders and provide comfort care in your loved ones final hours.